Hello lovelies! Happy New Year! (toot, toot!!!)
We thank God for life! So happy to still be here with you guys, yes you, reading this right now! 2016 wasn’t a bad year in hair, but we are determined to make 2017 even better.
I’m surprisingly currently content with where my hair is length-wise. I do want it to be a lot more healthy, though. We are not there yet. With me, it is difficult to set out specific plans for an entire year when it comes to my hair because we all know how my head touches. I might say one thing today and tomorrow I completely lose the plot. This year, I might cut my hair. I might get more colour. I might be completely boring with my hair. Who knows? But one thing I am committing to this year, no excuses, is to groom healthy hair. Whether it is switching up my regimen, paying very close attention to the look, sound, and feel of my hair, I am grooming well moitsurised, healthy hair all year round. So help me God!
In 2017, my hair goal is very simple, or is it?
SWITCH IT UP.
I’m bored. I feel like I need to make a serious change to my hair and right now, three options come to mind: Cut it, Colour it, (Cut and Colour), Loc it. All these things are radical changes and not being a Spontaneous Sonia, I’m going to take my time to think through it. In the meantime, I’m going to do my best to “baby” my hair, keep it safe from harm and manipulation, in the hopes that this would translate to significant length retention (aka hair growth). If I don’t retain length, guys, I may just vex and loc my hair or cut it! This is how I’ve been feeling for a while. Whatever I end up doing, sha, colour is a must.
So, how will I achieve this goal?
AB’s Hair Resolutions
- Wig regimen, with breaks in between. The wig life appears to be the least manipulative. Plus, I’m taking up swimming and this might be the best option for my hair. Finally, I’ll be forced to actually make a wig (I have most of the tools). This should be interesting.
- Quarterly trims and length checks. Every quarter, I will go get my hair washed and dried by a professional, and trimmed where necessary.
- Limited detangling. Gently use a wide-tooth comb on washday, but finger detangle between washdays.
- Strengthen: Protein treatments every 4-6 weeks.
- Moisturise: my hair even when it’s not loose.
- Generally: Eat well, stay blessed and avoid stress!
So, there. What are YOUR own hair goals for the year? What steps will you commit to taking to make these goals happen?
It’s not too late to make your hair goals & resolutions, or resolutions for life in general. We have a very helpful post about how to make new year resolutions you’ll actually keep! It’s not too late to read it here.
Cheers to the new year! To dreaming dreams and making them come true!