This regimen is current as of April 2016.
Hair Type: 4C, Fine, Bleached twice and coloured, Neck length
Hair Issues: Dandruff
- Pre-poo with coconut oil and Phyto botanical scalp treatment for at least an hour before washing.
- Wash and rinse under running warm water.
- Every other week, a moisturizing shampoo is used.
- Between shampoo weeks, hair is co-washed.
- Deep condition.
- Detangle with wide toothed shower comb and twist hair in chunky sections, typically 6.
- Cover with a plastic bag or clear disposable shower cap and stay active for about an hour.
- Rinse out in sections and re-twist immediately after
- Oil scalp. Usually with a mixture of tea tree oil and another light oil.
- Apply leave-in conditioner to damp hair through twists, from scalp to tip.
- Prepare for styling by either re-twisting or doing bantu knots with a curling cream and soft gel.
Daily & Every other Day
- Spray with liquid, water-based leave-in conditioner.
- Oil edges every morning while styling hair.
Hair Type: 4c, Fine strands, high density
Hair Issues: Breakage
- I style my hair often, so washday is typically between styles. On average, once a month when styling with extensions, or 2 times a month when styling with own hair. Sometimes weekly, it depends.
- Finger detangle with oil
- Pre-poo for a short while.
- Wash in sections
- Shampoo with warm water
- Apply deep Condition and detangle
- Leave DC in hair for at least an hour, under a plastic cap, and when the power situation allows, I microwave a towel and wrap around the plastic cap.
- Rinse out DC with cool water
- Moisturise and seal
- Style, or chunky twist hair to dry.
Aspire to do protein treatments every 6 weeks, and trim ends every 3 months.
- Moisturise & seal my edges.
- Spritz hair with water OR if I’m wearing twists, I use hair mousse only, to avoid frizz
- Scalp massages/ scalp rubs every 3 days, with oil, to lift build up, and prevent itching.