Are you a Nigerian female entrepreneur between the age of 16 and 35, living in Nigeria? Do you have dreams of starting your own business? Well, Shea Moisture is offering you a chance to win N1,000,000 (ONE Million Naira) for your business, in the “Finding Young Sofi Tucker” Competition (Ending 30th October)!
Sofi Tucker started selling Shea Nuts at the village market in Bonthe, Sierra Leone in 1912. By age 19, the widowed mother of four was selling Shea Butter, African Black Soap and her homemade hair and skin preparations all over the countryside. SheaMoisture is Sofi’s legacy carried on by the passion and diligence of her family for four generations.
Shea Moisture officially launched in Nigeria last year, and they are digging their heels in. This competition is one of their ways of saying, we are here to stay. Here’s what they are saying about the competition:
More Nigerian women are breaking glass ceilings with unconventional business ideas despite lack of funds and little or no support. Every Nigerian woman has a little bit of the SheaMoisture spirit in her; the relentless spirit of Sofi Tucker. The “Finding Young Sofi Tucker” competition seeks to reward this relentless zeal.
You are eligible to enter if you:
- Are Female, Nigerian and reside in Nigeria
- Have a clear business plan
- Possess an Entrepreneurial spirit
- Are between the ages of 16-35 years
- Have a convincing passion for the SME of choice
No educational qualification is required. All they want to see is your passion, and of course, a clear business plan!
1st prize: One Million Naira + Shea Moisture products
2nd prize: Two Hundred Thousand Naira + Shea Moisture products
3rd prize: One Hundred Thousand Naira + Shea Moisture products
Not bad, eh?
How to enter the competition:
For a chance to win 1 million Naira (N1,000,000) and other prizes, simply:
- Create a business plan video pitch (must not be longer than 60 seconds, and not heavier than 20mb)
- Register your personal information and upload your business proposal on www.findingyoungsofitucker.com.ng:
- Login to your account after succesful registration
- Upload your video pitch on the website.
- Share your video pitch on Facebook (and tag @Sheamoisturenigeria) and Instagram (tag @sheamoisture.nigeria) with the hashtags #sheamoisturenigeria #findingyoungsofi #youngsofi.
Entry opened on the 16th of October 2017 and will close on the 30th of October 2017.
Okay, lovely. Now is not the time to procrastinate! We know you have what it takes to be Young Sofi, don’t overthink it! Get in there! We wish you all the best with your application!
P.S. If you aren’t interested, share this opportunity with someone else 🙂